WHAT IS MOLD TESTING?
Mold is unmistakable, but they can hide deep within surfaces. Sometimes you’ll see them appear and cause walls and surfaces to look dirty. Even if you hope it isn’t mold, you can be sure with mold testing in your home. A mold inspection from a reliable company like us is one of the only true ways you can tell for sure. Mold can be sneaky too. If you’ve had a leak or flood recently and surfaces appear to be clean that doesn’t mean they are! Mold can still be lingering in those places where they can hardly be seen.
To get rid of any doubts and avoid being sorry for not being cautious about molds later on, testing for mold is required. This process is conducted using a mold air quality test performed by an experienced professional. Our reliable professionals are experienced in the various sampling methods and interpreting results. These methods should follow the recommendations of the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists, the American Industrial Hygiene Association, and other organizations.
IS IT TIME TO TEST FOR MOLD?
You will know it’s time to test for mold if any of the following scenarios apply:
- You have discovered a leak in your building that has been going on for more than 24 hours
- There’s a damp or moldy smell in your building
- A flood or any other incident that leads to water damage has occurred.
- One of your family members or staff members have been suffering from an unexplained health condition
- Unusual stains appearing on walls, ceilings and furniture
BENEFITS OF MOLD TESTING
Mold Testing Is The First Part Of The Mold Remediation Process
Once your home or workplace has been tested for molds and remediated, you will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- Prevent costly damage to property. When you hire a mold testing company like IRIS Environmental Laboratories, you save your home from further damage commonly caused by molds. With our help, we can find the moisture in the space right away.
- Stop mold from spreading. Molds multiply quickly. The faster you hire us to conduct mold testing in your home or business, the quicker we can stop it from spreading. We conduct a thorough and comprehensive test so you can rest certain that nothing is hiding beneath the surface.
- Do away with health problems! Molds, like lead and asbestos, come with severe health problems. Minor symptoms such as headache, congestion, or runny nose, when left ignored, can lead to asthma and all sorts of chronic respiratory issues. If we get to test mold immediately, we will prevent all these from happening.
- Establish that mold is, in fact, present, and develop a justification for remediation. The truth is that most insurance companies will not authorize mold remediation if it has not been ascertained by a professional. EPA mold testing is one of the only ways to guarantee that insurance companies will clear a mold remediation.
- Identify the specific type of mold present – whether it is allergenic, hypoallergenic, or toxic. This can offer you an explanation into the symptoms members of your household or team have been experiencing and allow them to seek appropriate medical attention.
- Single out “hidden mold” in cases where mold growth is not immediately visible, yet you are feeling the effects of mold damage.
One mold testing method is mold air sampling. As mold spores can’t be seen with the naked eye and laboratory analysis is needed to evaluate the mold type, mold air sampling provides a way for people to assess the severity of mold infection. Mold air sampling involves utilizing a pump to force air through a collection equipment, which traps mold spores. These samples are then analyzed in a lab.
Some air-sampling decides for mold air sampling include cassette samplers, impaction samplers and so on. However, it is important to note that air sample is insufficient to refute or confirm the mold problem. Mold air sampling has to complement other testing and sampling techniques, such as surface sampling and/or visual inspection and so on. Some factors that affect mold air sampling accuracy include weather conditions, wind changes and so on.
HOW OUR RELIABLE MOLD TESTING EXPERTS CAN HELP
- Our experts will conduct an inspection of the property once we have been called to do the job. Once we have gathered the necessary samples, they will be tested in our laboratories using the Environmental Standard criteria
- From there, we will provide detailed results in an easy-to-understand report. Our team conducts these inspections using our cutting-edge in-house laboratory.
- From there, they will offer the most suitable remediation recommendations, and it is up to you whether to proceed
WHY CHOOSE IRIS ENVIRONMENTAL LABORATORIES FOR MOLD TESTING?
IRIS Environmental Laboratories has been founded with the union of two intelligent minds – one who is well-versed with public regulation and business management, and the other specializing in mold and asbestos inspections and testing. We focus on quality, efficiency, and reliability in all inspection and lab testings. Our goal with our mold testing services is always to save you time, money, and effort . We want to make sure you, your family and your businesses are free from the possible hazards that mold presents.
These factors have combined to help us build one of the best asbestos and mold inspection companies in the country. With our help, we can make your home or building a safe and clean space for everyone who is living or working there.