Mold is a type of fungus that grows in moist environments and can be found both indoors and outdoors. When certain types of mold start growing inside the house, various mold-related illnesses may start to develop in some individuals. Majority of us must have heard of black mold but there are many other toxic molds that can be found indoors and they include Chaetomium, Aspergillus, Fusarium, Cladosporium, Penicillium, Mucor, Wallemia and Rhizopus. If you have been exposed to any type of fungus, detoxifying mold may be a good way to prevent further deterioration to your health.
Mold Toxicity Symptoms
Mold-related illnesses are a serious medical condition that often gets misdiagnosed due to the wide array of symptoms that it causes. The spores of toxic mold can cause the body to experience inflammation which may in turn result in a number of other symptoms such as the following:
- Joint pain
- Eye irritation
- Skin irritation
- Mood swing
- Respiratory disturbances
- Sinus issues
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Hay fever symptoms
- Sore throat
Once you have been diagnosed with biotoxin illness or mold toxicity, an integrative approach needs to be taken to get rid of all the toxins in your body.
Eliminating the Source of Mold
Studies have shown that roughly 50 % of properties experience water damage. Those who suffer from chronic respiratory issues like asthma and bronchitis may experience mold toxicity symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with biotoxin illness, make sure that your property is free of mold. First, look for signs of dampness as any level of moisture is a breeding ground for mold to thrive. Look at your plumbing system, roof, basement and crawlspace to spot any leaks or raised moisture levels. If you need professional help, always engage the services of mold remediation experts who can assess the affected areas more thoroughly.
Mold doctors can help detoxify mold by using a number of binders that are effective in removing toxins from your body. Some of the binders commonly used are as follows:
- Activated Charcoal – This ingredient must be carefully administered as it will bind to anything including toxins, minerals, vitamins, and other medications. When using activated charcoal, your nutrition needs to be monitored carefully and you may need to take supplements.
- Bentonite Clay – This compound comes from volcano ash and it is widely-known for its capability to detoxify the body. It absorbs toxins, heavy metals, and other harmful materials.
- Chlorella – This is an alga that effectively detoxifies the body. It binds to heavy metals and toxins found inside the digestive tract and safely removes them from the body.
- Pectin – This ingredient is found in several types of fruits including apples, citrus, and plums. It is dehydrated and is effective when used as a fiber supplement that sweeps biotoxins found in the digestive tract.
- Zeolite – This is a compound in a powder form that comprises a number of natural minerals. It is popular for the process of binding with toxins and heavy metals before they are drawn away from the body.