Position: Materials Scientist
IRIS Environmental Laboratories LLC is looking for aMaterials Scientist.
Location of Employment:Union, NJ
- Characterize, identify, and quantify a range of materials in an environmental testing context.
- Develop, validate and optimize analytical methods to advance lab’s material characterization and application capabilities.
- Design, execute, and perform analysis in experimental work.
- Use statistical techniques and methods to plan and monitor experiments and analysis.
- Prepare and analyze materials for asbestos content using various characterization techniques.
- Determine visual percentage and optical properties of asbestos and non-asbestos material.
Minimum Job Requirement
- Master’s degree in materials science and engineering, chemistry, or other similar science or engineering concentration.
- Six months of microscopy research experience.
- Experience with optical microscopy, Transmission Electron Microscopy(TEM), and Energy Dispersive X-ray Detector (EDX) analysis.
- Experience with sample preparation techniques (carbon evaporator) required for TEM analysis.
- Experience with routine instrument maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting.
Hours of Work Per Week: 40hrs, 5 days (full-time)
Please send resumes to Rodrigo Martins Eustaquio, IRIS Environmental Laboratories LLC, 2333 Route 22 West, Union, NJ 07083. Mention job code 1001 in the cover letter.